The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of all controls aspects on automated equipment.
Duties include the following:
- Involvement in research and implementation of new control technologies
- Participate in team to develop concepts and specifications for equipment
- Develop design of control systems for automated equipment (PLC, servo systems, vision, field-bus etc)
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of equipment
- Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and budget
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component procurement.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of controls systems
- Excellent communication skills are vital as the candidate will have to work/lead with in a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
- Give guidance and direction to more junior staff to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
- Min 5 years relevant experience working on machine control systems
- Ability to program AB Control Logix, Siemens S7
- Familiar with configuring common machine networks & drive systems
- Experience with robotics desirable (ABB, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Epson)
- Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
- Willing to take ownership,
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering solutions
- Current driving license and able to travel as required
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.